The above link tag Kelly A. Kehs artwork: "Breaking Through"

Painting of the day

Painting of the day
Reliving The Day

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"Breaking Through"

There are paintings that flow easily and there are those that are a struggle from beginning to the end. I started this painting a couple years ago and put it aside. It just wasn't cooperating with me. So, I revisited it a few months ago and FINALLY I was able to complete it.

To me, this painting represents those times in life when we feel like we are in a rut. Something is not quite right and we know we have to change it. We have to break through that bubble that is confining us and keeping us from truly being happy. When I look at this painting I actually feel the liberation of bursting that bubble. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEP, you nailed breaking through - you must have FINALLY reached that release that held you back years ago - the blue floats out and you feel better now

kellykehs said...

Thanks Lewis, I appreciate the feedback!