The above link tag Kelly A. Kehs artwork: "Ponder"

Painting of the day

Painting of the day
Reliving The Day

Monday, June 9, 2008

"Ponder"


I have been wanting to work with pen and ink for a while. I did some pieces when I was in college, but haven't worked with it since. As soon as I started this piece I remembered why I enjoy using India ink so much. I simultaneously use "pens" (with the quills) and a Chinese brush to apply the ink. As I do this I also water the ink down in varying degrees depending on how dark I want the area I am painting. The more you water it down, the lighter it gets. I love the whole process-it is completely different than oil painting (which is my primary medium). It's nice to switch it up every now and then. I think there will more to come in the near future. Enjoy!

No comments: