The above link tag Kelly A. Kehs artwork: Transition

Painting of the day

Painting of the day
Reliving The Day

Monday, January 12, 2009

Transition

So, something made me want to do a series of paintings with mostly blacks, grays and whites with small areas or color. Most of my paintings have so many layers and varieties of color, I wanted to challenge myself by using very little color. So, this is one of 3 in a small series "Transition." Ironicaly, I feel in retrospect that this small series of paintings IS a transition from my previous large series of boldly colored paintings from last year to the latest series from this past fall/winter that are rich in color but still unique from my earlier work. As I see it, life is a series of transitions- each one leading to the next, each one teaching us and making us stronger. I find this to be true in my art as well-each series of paintings teaches me something, making my work stronger in the end. Enjoy!

No comments: