The above link tag Kelly A. Kehs artwork: "Abduction"

Painting of the day

Painting of the day
Reliving The Day

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"Abduction"

Another one in the Alzheimer's Series-this is one of my favorites. It's a fairly large piece, 40" x 30". I try not to think too much about what I am painting, otherwise I feel it becomes more of a struggle to complete a piece. I let my subconscious guide me through the creation of the painting, focusing on texture, color, form, and balance. After I have completed the piece is when I usually sit and spend some time with it and allow the subconscious to meet the conscious. I have been compelled to place these round objects in my paintings lately. To me they represent beings, people, forces, entities, however you want to think of them. Some are refined and bold, some look weathered and aged. Some of the objects are affecting others or they may represent the same being, but at different stages. So, having said that, and knowing that this piece ("Abduction") is part of the Alzheimer's Series how would you interpret this painting?
I always find it interesting how others interpret my work-please give me your feedback. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this piece, something about the composition and colors that draw me in. Very nice!

kellykehs said...

Thanks for the nice comment! I am glad you like it!