The above link tag Kelly A. Kehs artwork: collaborative art

Painting of the day

Painting of the day
Reliving The Day

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

collaborative art


So, recently I was thinking it would be an interesting idea to do some collaborative art with my 5 year old nephew. I have always loved children's art and I love my nephew's figures. I love to watch him draw. He doesn't think about it, doesn't analyze it, he just does it. That's why I love children's art-it's uninhibited. So, I told him my idea and he thought it was cool. So, I gave him the paper and he cranked out 8 or so drawings in a matter of 5 minutes. My contribution will be the paint. This is the first in the series. I thought, if I don't do this I will regret it. He won't be this innocent and uninhibited forever, I have to take advantage while I can. So, the Owen/Kel series has begun. I tried to leave his figures as he intended them and work around them. I would love to know what you think!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a great idea. I love it!