The above link tag Kelly A. Kehs artwork: The Alzheimer's Series

Painting of the day

Painting of the day
Reliving The Day

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Alzheimer's Series

My recent series of artwork is inspired by and dedicated to my Grandmother who was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. This has greatly affected myself and my entire family and has completely consumed me consciously and subconsciously.

As I have been painting over the last several months I started to realize how these all-consuming thoughts of her were translating themselves from my psyche into my artwork. So, I decided to create an entire body of work not only for me personally, but for anyone who has ever experienced a loved one slowly deteriorating from this disease. It is truly heartbreaking and difficult to endure.

I feel that although the emotions behind this body of work are sad and disheartening, it is probably my strongest work yet. Those that have seen my work progress over the years seem to agree. As is usually the case, out of something negative comes something positive. Some of these images are on this page. Can you pick out which ones?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Beautiful work Kelly!