The above link tag Kelly A. Kehs artwork: "Cayuga"

Painting of the day

Painting of the day
Reliving The Day

Monday, June 2, 2008

"Cayuga"


Last fall I visited the Finger Lakes in NY and I went on a wine tour on Cayuga Lake. It was a great experience not only because of all the wine tasting (which was definitely a highlight), but also because of the beautiful fall scenery. When I returned from the trip I started this painting right away. Although I was physically home my mind was still at the Finger Lakes. The intense colors of the foliage and the beautiful view of the lake were stuck in my head. I could still taste that wine too, in fact some of the wines from Cayuga Lake were the best I've ever had. I feel that the whole experience was translating itself from my mind to the canvas. Still, when I look at this painting I am transported back to that trip to the Finger Lakes. I hope you enjoy this one!

No comments: