The above link tag Kelly A. Kehs artwork: The Creative Process...

Painting of the day

Painting of the day
Reliving The Day

Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Creative Process...

Thought I would give you a glimpse into my creative process. There are so many stages and layers of paint in my paintings-some pieces more than others. This particular painting had many! You can see for yourself how different the two images are. The overall layout is similar, but once I gave the different areas of the painting more definition and color, the piece took on a completely different feeling. I am really happy with the way this one came out. What do you think? I would love to hear your feedback!















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I enjoy seeing the process an artist goes through in creating a painting. I really like this one. The layers and texture capture my interest. I'm seeing a scrinched up face, like frustrated at the red square, at the same time the light green color is soothing and calming.

kellykehs said...

Thanks for your comment chewy! I always love to see how viewers interpret my work. -KAK